When we were kids our mom's loved to make us the good ol' trusty grilled cheese with wonder bread and Kraft American slices and paired with a can of Campbell's old fashioned tomato soup right? So why not do a grown-up condensed version of that meal.. Here is my take on the grilled cheese w/tomato soup.
What it is-
Sourdough, sharp cheddar, sweet grape tomatoes, garlic, chili flakes, and other herbs.
What you need-
- Sourdough bread slices
- Sharp cheddar cheese
- Grape tomatoes
- Butter (or your favorite butter substitute)
- Minced garlic
- Any herbs and spices you like
What you do -
- Butter BOTH sides of the bread.
- Herb and spice BOTH sides.
- Stack cheese and sliced grape tomatoes evenly.
- Heat up a medium frying pan on medium add a bit of olive oil, after 15 seconds place the composed sandwich in the pan
- Stay near and check often.
- Flip the sandwich(after about 2 mins) - This is something that is not easy to explain, your sammi may try to fall apart, but you will get it eventually.
In the end the cheese will be melted but the tomatoes will not be mushy